Modular Cape Chalet
Should You Manage Your Own Modular Home Project?
Should you be your own Modular Home General Contractor?
In order to save some money, you can be your own general contractor
and hire subcontractors yourself. If you have experience, that might
work out well for you. Keep in mind, being a general contractor
is a full-time job, requiring almost constant availability to answer
subcontractor’s questions as well as coordinate and supervise their
If you have no construction experience, you will be unable to judge the quality of the work the subcontractors provide. In most cases we recommend that prospective homeowners do not act as their general contractors.
Being your own GC is not for everyone. To determine if you should manage your own modular home project you should be able to answer “YES” to the following questions:
- Do you have prior contracting/construction/project management experience?
- Do you live near the job-site?
- Do you have time to devote to the project (be on-site everyday)?
- Are you comfortable making decisions on the spot with incomplete information?
- Do you know subcontractors that you trust?
- Are you able to coordinate subcontractors?
- Are you comfortable being “the boss”?
© Carroll Modular Home Contracting. All rights reserved. | Basic Website Designs